Saturday, January 8, 2011

Inspiring Fashion Start-Up

 Elle Shorts by Win.k at http://www.garmz.com/shop

      I was recently flipping through the latest W Magazine (a fashion industry magazine that focuses on the who, what, when, where, and why in fashion) and came across the most intriguing blurb. This little article described the working of this online company, called Garmz, that created garments by designers who submitted their sketches, and whichever designs had the highest votes got sent to production; half of the profits would go to the designer. They also had a picture of one of the garments that were recently produced, that I found extremely appealing and unique. It was a pair of black shorts with a black chiffon draping on the thighs and bow on the waist, designed by W.ink referred to as the Elle Shorts. After seeing the article and the shorts, I immediately went to the website to check out Garmz even more.

      I scrolled through the sketches, the designs, and felt my away around the website. The more I ventured into the website, the more envious I became of the inspiring company. So, I highly suggest going to the website, http://www.garmz.com/, and experiencing it for yourself. The business model for Garmz is to showcase new designers from across the globe by letting them submit their work, market themselves on the website, send the product to production if the design shows popularity on the website, and distribute the product via Garmz.com. The idea and set-up of this company is inspiring and innovating, making me wish I had came up with such an idea, and I believe that it is a great opportunity for young designers trying to make it in the industry. So if you're a young designer with some fabulous sketches, post them on Garmz.com and show the world how talented you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment